Just doing some random searching on YouTube and found this video among my subscriptions. I'm absolutely loving this. Can't wait to dance to this in the club!!
So, as you can tell from the pic, I just went with a very neat afro. I did add a bow but you can't really see it too well in the pic. I kept my makeup very simple foundation, blush, eye liner, and lipstick.
My date met me at Maria's Mexican Grill in downtown Springfield. We each had margaritas. I totally forgot that I am not really a margarita fan, so after finishing, I also had a beer. For dinner I had a chicken taco with an enchilada. My date had a burrito. The thing was massive. We chatted and afterwards we watched the Heat game at my place.
The date was really nice. I really enjoyed myself. I'm going to St. Louis this weekend so I won't be able to see him again until I come back. I hope he asks me out again. I think it will be fun to get to know him better.
I have a date tonight!! It's been a while since I have been on an actual date. We'll see how it goes!! I'll post predate pictures. Right now I'm trying to find some hairstyle ideas. Pretty excited!!!
I am trying to figure out what my 31st Birthday theme will be. So, I need your help. Please participate!!!
Hey Everyone!! I know it's been a long time. Well, I'm back (again) and I'm really to excited to share with you this summer. So, here is a quick update of what's been going on....
Last time I posted was the beginning of April and I was excited about Summer. Well, school kicked into high gear since there were just a few weeks left of classes before finals. On top of this a lot was going on with my sorority as well. We were fundraising, volunteering, and getting ready for Relay for Life, and our banquet/dance. I had quite a few papers to write up and presentations to present.
Well, needless to say everything went without a hitch. I finished with pretty good grades. Could have done better but that's my own fault. I'm started experiencing premature senior-itis and started to slack a little. I have one more semester of classes then I'll be ready for student teaching. Excited to be done. I'm just trying to figure out if I'll do my student teaching in St. Louis or stay here in Springfield. We'll see. I have till before classes begin to think about it.
I have moved into a smaller apartment, with Lindsey. I am really liking this move. We have a balcony and pool which is really nice. My brother and his friends have been coming over for dinner on Sunday's. They are too much. Our conversations have me cracking up all night. My friend Nikki, has been joining us as well. We actually have been hanging out a lot more. I'm glad. She's a really great person and I enjoy chilling with her.
Not much else has really been happening. There are a few things to look forward to this summer. I turn thirty-one this summer and I will be attending a family reunion in St. Louis. I will keep you up to date on the birthday planning. I didn't really do anything last year so I want this birthday to be really great. Just need to narrow down a theme and then the planning can begin.
Thanks to all those who have been continuing to check out my blog. I really appreciate it.
Till another day....
It's April and you would think that it was late May early June. The weather has been SO nice. Here in Springfield, we had a pretty mild winter. I actually had allergies in December the weather was so crazy. Now that we have been having consecutive upper 70's lower 80's it is safe to say that Spring is official. The nice weather has it's perks. Here are some of the things that I love about warm weather.
1. Bright colors. Once it starts to get warm it's finally OK to wear your brights and pastels. You can wear them all year round, of course, but I feel that they really start to pop once it starts to get warm.
2. BBQ. Once the warm weather starts, this is something you will smell regularly; especially on the weekends. I absolutely love barbecue. This is definitely something I love to eat during the warmer months. Plus, barbecue is a great way to get people together to eat and hang out. Do I have a preference? Nope. Anything on the grill is good to me.
3. Picnics. This kind of piggy backs with barbecue. During the warmer months it's so nice to just eat outside period. And doing it with friends and family is all the more fun.
4. Sunshine. As you can probably tell I like being outside. I love how in these months to come, I can expect the sun to be out more often than not.
5. Cars. Yep. I love going out and seeing people cruising around with their supped up cars. The shinier the car, the bigger the rims, the louder the bass, the better.
6. Dance music. I feel like all the really good dance songs come out around this time. I'm so ready to get my dance on!!
7. Bonfires. You would think that this would be something that I would like to do once it got cold. But, I really enjoy getting together with friends in the cool evening around a bonfire, talking, eating s'mores, and just chilling.
8. Flip Flops. I love love love flip flops. I try to get as many colors as possible from Old Navy.
9. Longer days. As I've said I love being outside and the best part is that I can be out and about longer!!!
10. Boys. I must say that I really know when it's warm outside when I see more half naked guys. Man, I love it when it gets warm. :D
What do you like about warm weather? Post below your favorite things.
Till another day...
Today before coming to work I decided to leave home early and get a quick 20 minute workout. My plan was to do the stairs in the bottom bowl of the stadium and then do as many laps around the track that time would allow. Before heading out the house I put on my new running shoes; New Balance RevLites.
Let me just say that shoes do make a difference. These shoes made my workout very comfortable. They were great on the concrete steps and while on the track I felt like I was running on air. They were amazing. I can honestly say that I felt like my pace was a little bit faster than it was. I did three-fourths of a mile along with the stairs. Next time I will actually clock my mile but I think that it is a little faster than my 5K mile pace (13:60).
The shoes that I raced in last year were Reebox and they were good too, but these New Balance are AMAZING!!! So I think that any future running shoes that I purchase will be from this brand since I like them so much.
Here are a few tips for those who are thinking about starting running or working out. First of all, buy new shoes. New shoes will protect your joints and prevent injury. This is very important. Also, continue to purchase new shoes after you have worn out the shoes. I'm sorry but you can't buy a new pair of shoes tomorrow and hope to use them for a year or more. According to LiveStrong you should change your shoes "somewhere between 350 and 550 miles, depending on your body weight, the surface on which you usually run on and your running style." There are apps that you can get for your phone to help you keep track or you can have your own handwritten notes.
Also, if you are a new runner, take your time. Don't be afraid to pace yourself. You don't have to go out there and run a mile. I will be the first to admit that when I first started out I had trouble running 30 second straight intervals. It's hard work. But, if you keep it up you will see yourself getting stronger. In no time you will be running for miles. But don't feel discouraged if you're the walker on the track. We all have to start somewhere. Trust me I know.
Finally, just remember that you can do it. It will take work, but it will also pay off.
Till another day....
Today has been a very chill day. So I spent most of my working hours listening to some new (to me) music. There was one song in particular that had me hitting the repeat button; Usher's new song "Climax". His voice sent chills down my back as I listened. You would almost think that the song would be about sex. But if you really listen to the words it's about a relationship. A relationship that has reached that point where it has to end. You can hear the emotion throughout the song. I feel like during the verse, when his voice getting higher, he's almost crying. But at the bridge he's pleading. He doesn't want it to end but it has to. I'm really loving this track.
Take a listen and let me how you feel in the comments below. Till another day....
Silly girl who loves her family, friends, laughing, the color pink, music, and the sun.
Blogs I follow